I have been a bad blogger and I decided I might as well be consistent. These are the ways that in just three short weeks I have discovered I am a bad mom:
- When we took Jonah out in the Baby Bjorn for the first time, I forgot a hat. Apparently 2 week olds are not supposed to be exposed to the sun or they melt or something. So we walked around all afternoon with a bib balancing on his head.
- I am pretty sure I nursed Jonah on Saturday about 20 minutes after I had a beer and a jello shot. But to be fair, he purposely lost flip cup for our team.
- I really, really, really want to get a mani/pedi. The salon I go to has the most intense chemical smell of any I have ever been to. So I am currently researching where I can purchase a baby-size face mask.
- Breastfeeding can be all-consuming and monotonous in the beginning. So I attempt to multi-task and often eat at the same time. To date I have dropped Dorito crumbs and chocolate ice cream on Jonah’s head.
- With respect to the aforementioned all-consumingness, sometimes when Jonah is screaming and flailing with inconsolable hunger and rapture for my boob, I stick my nose in his mouth at first just to watch him intensely suckle before confusion sets in. It makes me laugh every time.
I do love him more than anything in the universe. But I yam what I yam.