The horrifying state of the economy and subsequent unemployment of some of our friends…oh, plus the fact that the biggest retail holiday of the year is just around the corner, means it’s time for…
Plugging the incredible services of our friends and family!
- One-of-a-kind gorgeous hand-made jewelry that I can never wear without someone complimenting it. Here
- Hand-made invitations and any graphic design needs from a real talent. Here
- Hand-made invitations and any graphic design needs, including custom onesies for wee ones! Here
- Swim lessons from an Olympic professional beginning in NYC in a few weeks. Here
- Music all your friends will want on their iPods too. Here
- Custom nutritional, exercise and/or weight loss plan from a highly-trained consultant. Here
- Web design and consultation for small business owners. Here
I bet I can also round up music teachers, midwives, reluctant non-sellout artists, photographers and possibly even a unicycle-riding flame juggler.
And a lawyer can sometimes make a good present too (admit it). Or maybe you need a first-rate temp. I happily give referrals.
Now, on to more important things. My friend from law school, Brian, just bought a ring and has a few weeks to decide how to propose to his lovely. Quick facts: late twenties, they live together in Buffalo, NY, self-described coolest couple ever, very social, oh and her brother is one of his best friends- you get the gist. I agree with Brian that a Christmas engagement will be cliche.
Can you all help a brother out and share some creative ideas on how he could/should do it? (Here’s mine: get totally wasted New Year’s Eve, strip shirt off in freezing cold snow outside and have Marry Me? written on your chest in Bills colors.)