I am totally ignorant to Muslim holidays. Shame on me. Last night a friend from Bryan’s work had some people over as surrogate family to celebrate Eid ul-Fitr, the holiday that marks the end of Ramadan. Faisal and Habiba have been fasting for a month which makes me feel like maybe I shouldn’t brag that I can do it for one day for Yom Kippur.
The homemade food was delicious and the company lovely. Mostly though everyone just wanted a piece of Ameera.
As for yesterday’s vodka contest, the results are in:
- babcocks7: props for being first
- Matt: I appreciate a drunk, I do- and for being a new commenter, he gets the bonus bottle
- Pleban: I drew his name first but he wants a PM Dawn cd
- triniis: I like the repetition in the comment- I will have to think of a good consolation prize
- poren: gets a freeze-dried latke
- mira: was on to something with bribing me with our exquisite shared music taste. If you had said Cypress Hill, it would have been ON
- Brian: everyone knows The Dark Crystal is better
- Nilda: tell your husband to live blog the VP debate
- Josh: my brother definitely gets something special for the astonishing amount of knowledge he has about my family tree. Am I in this family??
- Maddo: almost got disqualified for dissing Smirnoff, but his love for PM Dawn saved him…plus I drew your name after Pleban’s. Congratulations!
- Grace: we can totally have tea
- Snosh: um, only you can answer if you’re on drugs or not. But Sam & Erica are in London for a week for his work
- NFAH: you almost had me with the no-customs thing. But I think I should send you some nasty Old Speckled Hen instead. VIVA LA BRITAIN!
- Farg: I am worried James Frey would steal the bottle from you